Sunday, August 05, 2007

...even as...

"...I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father..."
John 10 10:14-15


Oh my. This is more than I can take in. While there are multitudes of good news here in these two verses, it holds out a promise that I am not sure I fully understand, or can believe- Is Jesus telling me that I will know him, even as He knows His Father? Help me, Lord, to grasp this...

Jesus knows His Father so intimately that they are called one. Is He saying I will know Him that way? That intimately? That sweetly? That obediently? Oh God help me, because I think this may be more than I can believe...

Doesn't He know how wicked I am? The thoughts that course through my mind? The vile that comes from my heart? How easily I am offended and how hard it is for me to forgive? How can He be saying that I will know Him even as He knows His Father?

I know that He knows me; all that there is to know- even those things I wish I could hide from Him. This makes it even harder to believe that I will know Him, even as He knows His Father. You see, Jesus' knowledge of the Father is so deep, so intimate, so authentic, so loving,... ...so everything, that He and Father are one. They are One God. If I am going to know Jesus even as He knows His Father, then... ...well, then, what does that mean- How far does it go? How deep into the Triune Godhead, does mercy bought by the blood of Jesus take me?

Just how glorious is the union between the lamb and His Bride? Do we really become one even as the Father and His Son are one? Is this what he means when He says "...that they may all be one; even as You, Father are in Me and I in you, that they be in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." John 17:12. Just how deep into the Godhead does mercy bring us?

I do not know if I believe the answers I think I see, but oh how I pray I would. I am so sinful and unworthy. Praise be to Jesus Christ. I long to know Him- even as He knows His Father.

Pray for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home